December 06, 2020how to use kojic acid soap
How To Use Marie France Kojic Acid Soap
FIRST THINGS FIRST:
- DO NOT use this soap if you have sensitive skin.
- DO a patch test 24 hours prior to using this product. If skin sensitivity occurs, please do not use this soap.
- DO NOT leave the soap on the skin for more than 15 seconds.
- DO use this soap for only 3x per week for the first two weeks of usage. Gradually increase usage to ONCE per day for the next two weeks.
- DO NOT stay under the sun while using this product.
- DO NOT use on irritated or broken skin.
- Just like any other exfoliants (ex: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, malic acid, etc.), kojic acid has the tendency to give you that tingling sensation while using it. However, not everyone will experience this. If you do experience a tingling sensation, then you can either discontinue using the soap (you may have sensitive skin) or leave the soap on your skin for only 5 seconds or less AND reduce usage to once or twice per week. If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- This is a natural soap and could cause some dryness to certain skin types. Always keep your skin moisturized using a natural facial oil. See recommendations below.
How to use the soap:
- Wet your face with warm water and use the soap as you normally would.
- Leave on the skin for NO MORE THAN 15 seconds and then wash with cold water. (Note that once your skin is used to kojic acid, you can then increase the time to 30 seconds (FOR FACE) and then to 5 minutes (FOR BODY).
- Use a 100% natural moisturizer afterwards. Ex: Use jojoba oil, avocado oil, etc. after using the soap. You will need to moisturize after using the soap. If you prefer, you can use a baby lotion in lieu of facial oils.
- AVOID using any products that contain acid or alcohol after using the soap. Ex: salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, etc. No need to use kojic acid-based products either. DO NOT OVERDO IT.
My suggestion is to follow this regimen:
SOAP + 100% NATURAL OIL or BABY LOTION. That’s it.
Other things to consider:
- Results will vary based on your skin type.
- You should use the soap consistently for 8 weeks to see results.
- Avoid using any other products on your skin while using this soap (aside from the recommended products above).
- Stay away from sunlight.
If you have any questions, then please contact me via text message. I’d love to talk to you!
Rosey - 904.930.1800 (SMS, Viber, WhatsApp)